XHTML Lecture 3 Tables
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the elements of a table?
- <table></table> : Defines a table.
- <tr></tr>: Defines a table row.
- <td></td>: Defines a table data (columns) and is placed within the row tags.
How do you display a table border?
What is needed in empty cells?
- A non-breaking space ( ) is needed in empty cells to make the borders visible.
- You write between the <td> tags.
- i.e.- <td> </td>
How do you define the size of a table cell?
- You define the size of a table cell using the colspan and rowspan attributes.
- <td colspan="2"> stretches the cell across two columns.
- <td rowspan="2"> stretches the cell across two rows.
How do you use cell padding and cell spacing?
- <table border="1" cellpadding="10">
- <table border="1" cellspacing="10">
- Cell padding defines the space between the cell walls and the content.
- Cell spacing defines the space between individual cells.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview