Evolution Terms Review
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
-Help us survive and reproduce.
- -Get food.
- -Not get eaten.
- -Get mates.
-One species put in lots of new environments = many new species.
-When organisms become alike because of same environment.
-Same as analogous structure.
-Shark vs. Dolphin
-Change over time.
- -Do not help you survive.
- -Changes between organisms.
What is a Theory?
- -A well supported idea.
- -eg-Gravity, Evolution
Who was Darwin?
- -Charles Darwin
- -Discovered evolution.
- -Famous for the Galagopous Islands.
What is Darwin's book?
The Origion of Spiecies.
Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection
- 1. overproduce
- 2. competition (no 2 organisms are alike)
- 3. survival of the fittest
- 4. traits in population will change
-shows that all vertebrates look similar in early development stages
- -no longer needed
- -still present in the body
- -used to be used millions of years ago
- -eg: appendix
- -2 organisms have parts with similar purpose but different structures
- -not neccesarily related
- -2 organisms with similar bone/anatomical structures
- -organisms shared common ancestors
- -two organisms help each other survive or evolution
- -eg: gazelle and cheetah
- -the population of the same species is split, each in a different place
- -both populations may exchange because of environment
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview