What are the guidelines for post-procedure actions?
- Confirm that the person is comfortable and in food body alignment.
- Leave the call light control, telephone, and fresh water within easy reach of the person.
- See to safety. Return the bed to the lowest position, lock the wheels, and raise the side rails.
- Open the curtain and door if desired by the patient or resident, and inform visitors that they may return to the room.
- Wash your hands.
- Report and record actions as required by your facility.