The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- a variable that is defined in a block of coding and can
- only be used only in that program block
- error arising from making a mistake in the thought
- process (algorithm) for creating the solution of the problem.
- Program compiles, but
- does not work correctly because of a mistake in planning or interpreting the
Magnetic ink character recognition (MICR)
- identification of characters through the use of
- magnetic ink.
- A computer, usually in a computer center, with
- many capabilities and resources. Other
- computers may be connected so that they can share facilities.
- permanent file holding information that can be
- accessed and is updated using a transaction file.
Memory address register (MAR)
- holds the address in memory of the instruction
- that is being executed
Memory mapped I/O
- Input/Output goes straight to a portion in
- memory so processor can act on it directly without needing to do any other
displays a list of options or choices for the user