Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Abdominal pain protocols?
- - SAMPLE, O2
- - consider orthostatic vital signs if pt can.
- - if hypostensive, place in shock position unless pt is in respiratory distress
- -assess associated signs and symptoms
- --- cardiac related symptoms: dyspnea, diaphoresis, hx of cardiac disease, consider acute coronary syndrome.
- --- fever
- --- hx of G.I. problems
- --- possible abdominal aortic aneurysm dissection, pulsating mass, absent or faint distal pulses
- --- pregnancy
- --- gynecological abnormality
- --- note blood in vomit or stool
- - position of comfort
Allergic Reaction protocols?
- SAMPLE, O2
- Reduce further exposure to allergen
- Remove stinger and apply cold pack
- Determine severity
- Minor/Local: Local edema and itching
- Moderate: generalized itching, uticaria
- Severe: anxiety, respiratory distress, wheezing, stridor, airway comprimise, decreased L.O.C. decreased perfusion, or hypotensionif hypotensive, place in shock position
- monitor vitals regularly
- If medical control permits, assist wth admistration of Epi pen. Dont forget 5 rights
- Control bleeding, treat as multi-system trauma protocol
- Medevac amputation proximal to wrist or ankle
- Care for amputated partRinse off gross contaminants w/ saline
- Place amputated part in inverted glove or plastc bag and seal
- Place bag or glove in ice water or between cold packs--do not pack on ice
- Initial assessment, obtain pertinent med hx including DDNR status.
- Perform CPR
- Avoid interrupting chest compressions for more than 10 seconds
- Establish and maintain patent airway, administer O2
- Attatch AED
- Obtain blood sugar level
- If pulse returns support respirations
- Assign crew member to the family