The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
State takeoff brief for emergency.
- If on t/o roll I get a MW/MC or fire light I will abort.
- If airborne w/gear down & I get a MW/MC, fire light or engine annunciator I will land straight ahead.
- If airbrone w/gear up & no usable thrust I will eject.
- If airborne w/gear up and usable thrust I will TCCC towards low key
State the proper setup questions to ask for an EP.
- Other aircraft in pattern
- Duel or solo
After asking setup question what do you state?
- "SIR, I HAVE THE AIRCRAFT"
- "I WILL MAINTATIN AIRCRAFT CONTROL, ANALYZE THE SITUATION, TAKE PROPER ACTION, AND LAND AS SOON AS CONDITIONS PERMIT"
What will you state first as part of maintaing aircraft control?
"AS PART OF MAINTAIN AIRCRAFT CONTROL, IS THERE ANY SMOKE OR FUMES IN COCKPIT?"
What is a good way to analyze a situation?
- Look outside
- Engine instruments
- Circuit breaker
- Conflicts w/traffic
What is a good sequence for taking proper actions?
- Punch off MW/MC
- TCCCBIP (When airborne)
- Boldface - say & do (state what you expect, ask if what you expect is occuring)
- Checklist - cleanup
- Declare - Nature of Emer, Time to LDG, Souls, Brief plan
- Egress/Ejection - ORM 321
When do you TCCCBIP?
- Uncmd prop/Loss pwr/Prop feather
- Torque/ITT/N1/Np/Oil temp/Oil PX
When should you not restart an engine in flight?
Fire, FOD, Frozen
How do you decided if you will shutdown while on the ground?
Dont CHIP your PROP on a FIREY SURFACE