Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- Tyler Jarvis, Department Chair
- Ph.D: 1994. Princeton University, mathematics.
- M.A: 1992. Princeton University, mathematics.
- M.S: 1990. Brigham Young University, mathematics.
- B.S: 1989. Brigham Young University, mathematics, summa cum laude.
- Spencer W. Kimball Scholar.
- Orson Pratt Prize in Mathematics.
- Michael Dorff, Associate Chair
- Ph.D: Mathematics, Univ. of Kentucky, 1997.
- M.S: Mathematics, Univ. of New Hampshire, 1992.
- B.A: Mathematics Education, Brigham Young Univ., 1986.
- Teaching Awards:
- Deborah and Franklin Tepper Haimo Award" for Distinguished College or UniversityTeaching of Mathematics, Mathematics Association of America (MAA), 2010. Eachyear 3 recipients are chosen nationally from among the 25,000 members of the MAA.
- Karl G. Maeser Excellence in Teaching Award," Brigham Young University, 2010.Each year 3 recipients are chosen from the 1,300 faculty in all disciplines at BYU.
- Kenneth C. Savage Distinguished Teaching Award," BYU Department ofMathematics, 2010.
- MAA Section Teaching Award, Mathematics Association of America, Intermountainregion, 2008.
- Chancellor's Exceptional Teacher-Scholar Apprentice Award," University ofKentucky, 1997.
- College Teaching Award, University of Kentucky Association of Emeriti Faculty, 1997.
- Wimberly Royster Teaching Award," University of Kentucky Department ofMathematics, 1996.
- William Smith, Associate Chair
- Professor Smith joined the faculty of the Mathematics Department at BYU
- in 1985.
Jim Logan, Systems Administrator
Lonette Stoddard, Department Secretary
Sarah Warcup, Business Manager
Jackie Robertson, Math Lab Manager
- Jeffrey Humpherys, Director Graduate Studies
- Ph.D: Mathematics, 2002. Indiana University, Bloomington, IN.
- M.A: Mathematics, 1997. Indiana University, Bloomington, IN.
- B.S: Mathematics, 1995. Utah State University, Logan, UT.