Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What are the IPAS users?
- 1. Fuel systems(fuel boost pump, transfer pump, external fuel tanks
- 2. Utility receptacle(ext tools etc)
- 3. NIU(remove 70% O2 from air in fuel cells)
- 4. Ice detector probe(pushes air out of the back of the probe creating low pressure suction in front, active in auto mode <5 degress C turns back off > 7 degrees C)
- 5. Window defog
- 6. Hydraulic resevoir(creates backpressure to prevent cavitation and foaming of fluid)
- 7. ATS
- 8. Louver doors(internal on catwalk)
- 9. ECS(only provided in heating mode)
What is the total internal fuel capacity?
What is the capacity of the forward fuel cell?
What is the capacity of the aft fuel cell?
What is the capacity of the internal auxillary fuel cell?
100 or 130 gal
What is the fuel capacity with four auxillary fuel tanks and internal fuel?
When is a fuel cell supposed to auto-level?
- when tank is < 800lbs
- if fwd fuel is >280lbs or if aft is >240lbs
- if >500lbs there is >100lb split
- if <500lbs there is >50lb split
- halts when split is <20lbs
What occurs when an illuminated fire button is pressed?
- 1. arm fire extinguisher system
- 2. shuts off fuel flow to indicated engine or APU
- 3. shuts off bleed air from souce
- 4. turns off air partical separator
- 5. closes cooling louvers to affected engine
- 6. turns off voice warning message
- 7. turns off master warning light
What are the users for the primary hydraulics?
4 flight control servoactuators
What are the users for the utility hydraulics?
- 1. utility side 4 flight control servoactuators
- 2. rotor brake
- 3. AWS turret
- 4. tail wheel unlock actuator
- 5. APU start motor
- 6. pylon articulation
- 7. emergency hydraulics
What is the purpose of the utility hydraulic accumulator?
- provide damping for fluid pressure changes, and power:
- 1. rotor brake
- 2. APU start motor
- 3. emergency flight control operation
What UFD message will be presented when primary hyd psi low/ util level low?
T/R HYD fail
What else is lost when primary hydraulic power is lost?
FMC and BUCS (need electricity AND hydraulics to operate)
What 3 ways can you determine OGE hover capability from the perf page?
- 1. Comparing hover TQ OGE to max TQ DE
- 2. Comparing max GWT OGE to current GWT
- 3. noting the color of hover TQ OGE or MAX GWT OGE
What maneuvers cannot be performed when you do not have OGE power?
- 1. VMC takeoff (confined area alt over airspeed)
- 2. VMC approach (to an OGE hover)
- 3. Engine failure OGE hover
- 4. Terrain flight (NOE)
- 5. Terrain flight decel
- 6. ITO
- 7. Mask and unmask (unmask at a hover vertically)
What items are required in the remarks section? And what is optional?
- 1. IGE power limited/unavailable takeoff/landing
- 2. Max A/S w/one eng inop
Optional: Height/velocity avoid region
When does the A/C need to be weighed?
- 1. Major overhaul/repairs
- 2. modifications of 1% or greater of A/C gwt are applied
- 3. modifications (painting) for which weight and CG cannot be accurately computed
- 4. weight/CG data records are suspected to be in error
or if has been 24 months since last weighed
What are the differences b/t the ECU and DECU?
- DECU has/can:
- 1. powered by alternator or A/C power
- 2. MTRA - reduces the risk of exceeding DE TQ limits during uncompensated manuevers
- 3. Hot start prevention - 900 degrees C
- 4. TQ spike suppresion algorithm - locks out TQ signal below 35% NP
- 5. Signal validation for selected input signals w/in electrical system
What are the windings in the alternator?
- 1. ignition exciter
- 2. ECU/DECU power
- 3. NG speed signal
How does NG overspeed protection work?
the HMU provides mechanical overspeed protection by the use of flyweights that cut off the fuel flow and occurs at 110% +- 2 NG
How is NP overspeed protection provided?
the ECU/DECU electronically close a solenoid on the overspeed drain valve cutting off the fuel flow @ 119.6% +- 1 NP
How is emergency eng oil pressure provided and what caution is displayed?
4th stage bleed air pushes oil out of A and B sumps to spray oil mist on the bearings providing 30 seconds of emergency lubrication @ 75% NG
ENG# OIL PSI
When will the APU automatically shut down?
- Loss of oil pressure
- Loss of NG speed
- Loss of thermocouple
Why must we ensure that the tail wheel is locked?
- 1. absorbs torque reaction during rotor brake
- 2. prevents shimmy during rolling takeoff/landings
- 3. prevents swivel during slope ops
What occurs during a utility hydraulics low level condition?
auxillary isolation valve - closes and denys hydraulics to AWS turret, pylon articulation, and ammo carrier drive
shutoff valve - prevents hydraulic fluid to utility side of directional servoactuators, and tail wheel unlock (aft of tailboom)
What are the IIMC procedures?
- announce IIMC
- transition to instruments bring up flt page
- climb to 3500
- contact cairns PAR RWY 6
What are the different color codings for the wiring harnesses?
- yellow = power and control system trim signals
- blue = overspeed and torque signals
- green = engine condition monitoring
- black = ignition exciter
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview