The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Study of speech sounds in a language that has rules for combining utterances
Study of speech sounds that have physical & articulatory characteristics and the production & perception of sounds.
- Study of the sounds of a language. Structural movement and function
- (lips, tounge, teeth, vocal folds)
- The study of speech sounds perceived by the ear-sound waves
- Equipment- ossicular chain, cochlea
Study of the listeners psychoacoustic response to speech.
- Study of application in clinical situations.
- Includes transcription of speech variations
- Difference in Speech & Language- Rule governed by a society but not wrong.
- Social class
- Ethnic groups
- Phonetic traits of an individuals 1st speech pattern carried over into a 2nd speech pattern.
- Associated with vowels
- Always wrong
Families and small clusters of people who make up their own dialect.
Two way scoring of speech
Correct or Not correct
Five way scoring
- 1) Correct or Not correct
- 2) Substitution type
- 3) Omission type
- 4) Distortion type
- 5) Addition type