Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
3 features of P. Euglenozoa
1-2 anterior flagella arise from a pit
a paraflagellar rod
mitochondrial cristae are discord
Type of Euglenoidea
Classes of P. Euglenozoa
Type of Kientoplastida
- Seen between red blood cells
- Flagellum attached to the by undulating membrane
- causes "sleeping sickness"
- transmitted by tsetse fly
"K" = ?
1. Common in freshwater ponds
2. The increase in colonial complexity may show how multicellular organisms may have developed.
Note: 2 Flagella
- p. Chlorophyta
- o. volvocita
Note: zygospore, egg
Steph's Mnemonic on the P. Chlorophyta
Chlamydonas, Pandorina, Eudorina, Volvox
Chlamydomonas - sounds like chlamidia, takes 2 to get, got 2 flagella
Pandorina - has 16 cells - 16y.olds always getting into stuff, opening pandora's box
Eudorina - Pandorina's older 32y.old sister
Volvox - Sounds like sex - sexual stages seen, zygospore thick spiny walls.
Have bundle of microtubules called axostyle
found in the gut of termites, and in the reproductive and digestive tract of humans
Note: Apical cap, flagella, nucleus
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview