The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Public Law 504 or Section 504
- -Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- -prohibited discrimination against handicapped individuals by any agency or organization which received federal funds, i.e., schools and provided access to school for any child.
Public Law 94-142
- -Education of all Handicapped Children Act of 1975
- -mandated a guarantee that all children between the ages of 5-21 years would be allowed in school
Public Law 98-199
-law allows for federal funding to create parent training and information centers so that parents could learn how to protect the rights that PL 94-142 guarantees their child.
Public Law 99-457
- -Education of all Handicapped Children Act of 1986
- -gave schools monetary incentives/support to implement a 3-5 year old preschool programs for disabled childrent by 1990-1991.
- -law mandates, through Part H that persons whomw work with infants and families focus on strengths, needs and priorities of each individual and familey.
Public Law 101-476
- -Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- -AKA Education of the Handicapped Act Amendments of 1990, renamed the earlier EHA laws and their amendments
Public Law 856
-mandates Part H services for children turning three during any portion of the school year are eligible to begin school in the fail.
American Disabilities Act (1990)
-No company or business can discrimintat against a person with a disability in the work place or the public environment.