Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is imagery?
The use of language to evoke a picture or a person, thing, place, or experience
- A reference (talk about) to something or someone from history, literature, religion, politics, sports, or science.
- –That man hit on her like he was Chris Brown.
•A brief, cleverly worded statement that makes a wise observation about life
- –Lost time is never found again.
- –Words are the best liars.
The repetition (repeated) of the same or similar consonant sounds in words that are close together. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
- A comparison made between two things to show how they are alike
- –HAND : PALM : : FOOT : SOLE
- –CALF : COW : : CUB : BEAR
A writer’s technique that presents deliberately two or more different, and sometimes conflicting, meanings in a work. Confusing or not clear
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview