The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
direct inhibitor of thrombin, unlike heparin it's action is independent of antithrombin 3. Neutralizes the thrombin, including the thrombin entrapped in previously formed clot
- 5-HT 1b/1d agonist, causes vasoconstriction, inhibition of trigeminal activation and vasoactive peptide release.
- Use for cluster headache attacks.
ALS, Rx to extend the life
Riluzole, which inhibits glutamatergic neurotransmission
- 1.inhibits 50S peptidyltrasferase activity
- 2. Anemia(dose dep), aplastic anemia( dose indep),
- gray baby syndrome( in infants because they lack liver UDP glucuronyl transferase)
- RNA polymerase inhibitor
- Revs up microsomal P-450
- Red/orange body fluids
- Rapid resistance if used alone
- pyrimidine antagonist- inhibition of DNA polymerase
- AML, ALL, high-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, megalobl.anemia
copper chelating agent for Wilson disease