The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the percentages of mineral, organic, and water in enamel?
- mineral = 92%
- organic = 2 %
- water = 6%
What is the anatomy of enamel?
- rods are perpendicular to the enamel surface
- crystals w/in the cyliners of tord enamel run parallel to the long axis of the rods
what is the % of mineral, organic, and water in dentin?
- mineral = 45%
- organic = 33%
- water = 22%
Distinguish these 2.
- top = deep dentin with large tubules that are spaced closer together
- bottom = superficial dentin with small tubules spaced distance apart
what are the zones of incipient enamel caries?
- triangular shaped with the following -
- surface zone = 1% demineralized
- body of the lesion = 2-4% demineralized
- dark zone
- translucent zone = more crystals are being built to build defense
caries in the enamel and dentine before ______ of the enamel.
For approximal caries in enamel and dentine, what are the shapes?
- v shape in enemal, base at the surface
- v shape in dentin, base at the DEJ
what are the zones for caries in enamel and dentin after caviation?
- body: destruction, penetration and demin
- translucent zone
explain this picture.
- outer lesion = bacteria
- inner lession = crystals that send acid in front
- turbid = empty
- transparent = where tooth build more mineral
describe the shape of caries in developmental pits and fissures.
- v shape in ename, base at the dej
- v shape in dentin, base at the dej
carious lesion at the root surface...
- no enemel protection
- proximity to pulp, U shaped