The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Where do the great and coronary veins drain into the heart?
Where do the anterior veins of the heart drain?
what are the two coronary arteries?
L/R coronary artery
Which coronary artery feels more compression?
- Left coronary artery
- ***therefore, it will have a higher flow when the aortic valve closes
What happens to coronary circulation in times of hemorrhage and ischemia?
- Must increase vasoconstriction of periphery to shunt blood back to brain
- up TPR - up MAP - up Cerebral flow
How does the Baroreceptor reflex function?
- When Bf increases or Pressure increases there is more of a stretch in the arteries
- stretch = active baroreceptor = down sympathetic innervation = vasodilation
- no stretch = inactive baroreceptor = up sympathetic innervation = vasoconstriction
At what % of skeletal muscle pumping does blood flow stop?
What is the major control of cutaneous circulation?
Where does blood shift in cutaneous circulation during hypo/hypervolemia?
- Hypo: internal
- Hyper: cutaneous
What are the two types of resistance vessels in cutaneous circulation?
- Arteriovenous anastomoses (AVAs)
What mainly controls AVAs?
When do AVAs open?
- body heated
- body really cold