The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is conscience?
- Judging- a person sees the moral quality of an act
- Being aware of God's call to be a BCofG
- Being aware of God's call to know and to do good (love)
- Practical judging of one's intellect
What supports Conscience?
- Church Laws
- Church: community
- Virtues: Patterns of Good habits
What is conscience not?
- x Gut feeling
- x Inner Voice
- x Majority Opinion
- x Super ego
What weakens conscience?
- Ignorance of the Truth
- Bad example of others
- False idea of freedom: autonomy- i can do whatever I want
- Vices- patterns of bad habits
Types of Conscience?
- Truth and Good
- Weak Laxed
Uses of Conscience?
- Daily Life
- Major Decision
a person sees the moral quality of an act
patterns of good habits
parent (authority) voice inside of you (parent, pope, teacher, officer, etc.)
attitude of 'I can do whatever I want'
patterns of bad habits