Psychology Chapt. 10 Test
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Timing of Maturation...
...varies from one child to the next
Females growth cycles...
...more orderly and stable
specific time when skill may be learned. ONLY during that time
- sudden process that Lorenz discovered.
- Ex. Ducks will imprint on mom within 16 hrs.
Human Critical Periods
- 1. Foreign Language=before age 12
- 2. Math and Logic=birth to 4 years
- 3. Music=3 to 10 years
"supposedly raised by animals
parents and their kids
nuclear plus other relatives
2/3 of all Moms...
...have jobs outside the home
...still do most of the housework and 90% of the cooking and shopping
Working outside the home-
most important thing is not the amount of time spent with kids, but whether children "feel" loved and cared for
3 Stayles of Parenting
- 1. Authoritarian
- 2. Permissive
- 3. Authoritative
dictator. harsh punishment is used
democracy. children are involved in decisions that efect them 2 yrs. and up
finances and stress
. If babies well cared for
. Self control and assertion
but if criticized too much
, they doubt
- 5-puberty=Industry(pride) vs. Inferiority(criticism)
- Later Adulthood=Integrity. Accepting good and bad over a lifetime vs. Despair. Facing death with nothing but regrets
the child is passive like a peice of clay to shape
the child is the shaper
Sensory Motor Stage
- Sensations and movements
- Object performance=10 months old
- Seperation Anxiety=1 year of age
- -2-7 years
- -Vocab epands
- -Language happens fast
Concrete Operations Stage
- -7-11 years
- -conservation is understood
- -11 years and up
- -highest level of thought
Kholberg's Theory of Moral Development
-Preconventional=younger than 6. Sheer Power of outside authority. Child focuses on being punished or rewarded.
-Conventional=7-11 years. Based on expectations of others. Seek approval of others
-Postconventional=11 years and up. personal ethics and human rights. small # of people reach this level
- 1. Oral Stage=boys dont get what they want for 1st time
- 2. Phalic Stage=Boys and girls must identify and internalize moral standards: boys w/ dad, girls w/ mom
- 3. Oedipal Conflict=crisis
- 4. Sumblimation= latency stage, redirect sexual desires
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview