Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
History a typical eukaryoti cell
- -specializations of nerve cells (neurons)
Which century and does the cell theory apply to the nervours system?
Neurons could not be visualized under microscope until invention of the Golgi stain
- Golgi stain:
- -silver solution
- -raindomly stains 1% of al cells
- -stains the entire cell
- -made it possible for first time to see neurons
Ramon y cajal
- -used the golgi stain
- -proposed neuron doctrine
The Neuron Doctrine
- -Proposed by cajal
- - neuron doctrine the nervous system is made up of indivdual cells ( like every other tissue in the body) correct
The reticular theory
stating that the nervous system is one continuous network was wrong.
- -contains DNA
- -genes are trnscribed
- -Mrna exported out throught pores in nuclear envelope
Rought endoplasmic reticulum
- -site of protein synthesis
- -dotted w/ribosomes
- -camillo golgi.
- -Modifications of proteins (addition of carbohydrates, phosphorlation)
- -post office packaing labeling, sending of macromolecules to different parts of cell
dendrites is and axon is
- dendrites =input
- site of signal transfer
- Electrical signal then chemical signal (neurotransmitter) then electrical signal
smaller volume, reactions at synapse confined.
Dendrite from a mentally retareded infant
- -longer thinner falure to establish synaptic circuits
- -cells in the nervous system that are not neurons
- -3x-10x as many glia as neurons
Myelination glia, CNS? and PNS?
- -oligodendrocytes- cns
- -Schwann cells -pns
- they wrap themselves around axons of neurons, insulation, and speeds up signal
- -autoimune disease
- -Damage to myelin
- different type of glia cell
- -fill the space between neurons regulate chemical composition of extra cellular solution
wiring diagrams for every single neuron in a system.
how many neuron connectiong brain and how many muscles for controlling ear movements?
- 15 neurons in a nerve connecting brain and 2 small muscles controlling ear movements.
- 200 muscle cells
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview