MGT 254 - Chapter 6
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is motivation and group motivation?
Motivation - Reasons why we are moved to do something.
Group motivation - provides the inspiration, incentives and reasons for members to work together to achieve a shared goal.
What is the expectancy value theory?
- Motivation is a function of:
- Expectancy - effort will achieve goal
- Instrumentality - whether achieving the goal will result in a reward or benefit.
- Valance - the value you place on the reward.
MOTIVATION = INDIVIDUAL NEEDS + THE VALUE OF THE GOAL
What are the Intrinsic Motivators?
- Meaninfulness - shared commitment to the goal.
- Choice - have the power to make decisions
- Competence - capable of achieving the goal
- Progress - Monitor and celebrate progress
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview