The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does the Midbrain connect with?
- Diencephalon rostrally
- Pons caudally
Where is the Pons?
Between the midbrain and medulla
What does the Medulla connect with?
- Pons rostrally
- Spinal cord caudally
What is the job of the Cranial Nerves?
- Provides main motor & sensory innervation to the face/neck via cranial nerves
- Performs spinal cord-like functions for the head
- Contains LMNs for muscles of the head (cranial nerves)
What is the job of tracts?
Motor & sensory systems from brain to body that pass through the brainstem
What are three types of tracts and what do they do?
- Corticospinal tract - motor
- Medial lemniscus - fine touch, vibration, proprioception
- Spinothalamic tract - pain, temperature, itch, crude touch