Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- WHO?New and Old England
- WHAT? Biological crossove of products, diseases(measles, smallpox), people
- When?started 1492
- Where?N.A , Europe, Asia, Africa
HOUSE OF BURGESSES
- WHAT? Assembly of landholders chosen by other landholders
- Sig: first representative government
- -to fight for their liberties and force government to work them
- - Agreement which band separtists in Plymouth to defend one another from potential execution
- -set precedent for democratic rule in Mass.
- sig:Introduced fatal warfare
- -New England and Pequot
- -Colonists wanted to have control over all the southern tribes of New England
- where ? Mexico
- Why? Indians wanted back for protection
- sig: they invited the spanish back for protection in the 1690s and the spanish had a more tolerant outlook
- what? Pueblo destroyed Spanish farms,churches and killed half the friars.
KING PHILIPS WAR
- First large schale conflict
- Where? broke out in Plymouth in 1675
- Sig: the most bloodiest war by population, Pan Indianism, Rise of the militia, major loss of power
- forcibly subjected the Wampanoags and other tribes to English law
- SIG:first racial law
- When: 1676-1677
- Who? Nathaniel Bacon and Sir William Berkley
- What? Revolt among colonists led by Nathaniel Bacon triggered by William Berkleys unwillingness
- -goods, wine, gold, spices (manufactured goods)
- sig:slaves-largest forced migration
- who?New Englanders , African, South Europe
- When? 1730s -1740s
- Who/ what? religious movement originated in preachers that so all equal in Christ
- Where? Colonial America
- sig: Increase number of churches in colonial america
- -created sects such as Baptists
FRENCH INDIAN WAR
- WHO?England, France, Indian Tribes
- Sig: The French were upset about getting kicked out of NA. The lost and wanted revenge.
- -England going broke and wanted to tax colonies
JOHN PETER ZEGNER
- A New York newspapermen who was arrested after publishing an attack on the governor. Zegner was acquitted of the crime setting a crucial precedent for freedom of the press:
- Coercive Acts
- sig:directly led to revolutionary war
- When? 1774
- The colonits widespread anticatholicism and their land lust led them to link the Quebec Act and Coercive Acts.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview