The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Loss of what creates annular fiber problems?
- Loss of fluid.
- Annular fibers are connected via incomplete laminella.
What percentage of disc herniation patients present without symptoms?
Acute LB pain management:
- 1. Get patient prone & ice for 3-4 minutes.
- 2. Pump the disc by 'grabbing' the SP with your pisiform. Apply a little bit of pressure & hold, while gently increasing the pressure, until you reach 30-40 lbs of pressure... this should be relieving pain!
- 3. Slowly come off & reapply ice.
- 4. Come back & do it again.
Which segment is adjusted with an acute LB?
- The segment below.
- (In side posture).
What are the two instances you adjust a BP sacrum?
- 1. Acute LB.
- 2. Grade 2 spondylo.
How many degrees of flexion & extension does L5 have?
- L4 less, L3 less, etc, etc.
How many degree of lateral flexion does L5 have?
2 (due to the illiolumbar ligament).
How many degrees of rotation does L5 have?
- 10 total... 5 left & 5 right.
- -L4: 2 degrees per side = 4 total.
What percentage of patients have a listing of just P?
For thoracic ROM's simply divide the 12 segments into groups of 3:
- T1, 2, 3, 4: 4 f/e, 7-8 rot.
- T5, 6, 7, 8: 6 f/e, 6-7 rot.
- T9, 10, 11, 12: 12 f/e, 2 rot.
- (all of the above is per side).
- *L1 also has 12 degrees of f/e.
Is there more flexion or extension in the upper thoracic?
- Ex) 4 degrees total = 3 flexion, 1 extension.
The thoracic curve is due to what structure?
What level is the cervical lordosis measured through?
What level is the lumbar lordosis measure through?
AND NOW, FS2 LAB STUFF FOR THE LECTURE MIDTERM...
C6-LL, BP sacrum.
Both simple & rotatory.
- Superman 42:
- -C6-T3: inferior hand.
- -T4-L2: superior hand.
- -L3-LL: inferior hand.
- This move is for when more power is needed!
- *T5-T9 = long spines, so go up & over 2 ISS's to find TP's.
Which levels do you shoot it straight?
Which levels do you shoot for the thyroid?
Crossed Pisiform (there is an a/k/a...):
Crossed pisiform a/k/a double transverse.
Used on levels with small TP's.
Diversified song (yay):
- "DP on the SP, reach over.
- MDP for the TP from the same side."
Do not stand on the side of SCP.
*Diversified moves target the facets, not like the discs with Gonstead.
Modified Diversified Pisiform:
Same move as DP, but you set up on a TP instead of SP.
A COUPLE OF THINGS FROM FS1...
What are the 5 moves from FS1 in which the patient is ISD?
- 1. Illium ASEX Pull.
- 2. Illium EX Pull.
- 3. Illium PIEX Pull.
- 4. Sacrum Push (ISD).
- 5. Lumbar Pulls.
What are the 3 moves from FS1 with a finger tip contact?
- 1. AS pull.
- 2. PI pull.
- 3. PIIN pull.