Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the particle theory of matter?
- All matter is made of atoms or molecules
- Matter is anything that has mass and takes up space
What does the amount of movement of atoms have to do with energy?
- The more energy an atom has, the mor eit moves
What temperature is absolute zero?
What is a molecule?
- An element in stable configuration
What is an element?
- Element has only 1 type of atom
- Cannot be broken down
- Can exist as either atoms, or molecules
What is a compound?
- Atoms of two or more different elements
How can a compound be broken down?
- Chemically, not physically
What is a mixture?
Two or more different elements or compounds physically combined
How can a mixture me broken down?
By physically seperating each element or compound. E.g. Salt and sugar in a bowl
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview