Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Problems w/ Static Positioning
- Positioned out of alignment (trunk not aligned)
- Placed in wrong size of equipment (too large or too small)
- Kept in equipment too long (over 20 minutes)
Progression of positioning
- Prone w/ forearm support
- Prone w/ extended arm support
- Rolling from prone to supine and supine to prone
- Sitting w/ arm or turnk support
- Creep forward on stomach w/ reciprocal pattern
- Independent sit w/ straight back
- Four-point craw w/ reciprocal pattern
- Knee stand/ half-knee stand
- Pull to stand/cruise both directions
- Independent stand/ambulation
Best Positions for Stability and to Decrease tone
- Hypertonic-side lying in a tucked position w/ support; supine w/ knees bent and head supported.
- Hypotonic-sidelying in a tucked position w/ support
- Either-sidelying in a tucked position w/ no support
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview