Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 14 auspicious (good fortune) dreams of Trishaia (mother)
- No kick in the womb
- Mean: "He who brings prosperity"
- Teaching: nonviolence
24 founder of the Jain faith
Mahavrats 'great vows'
- Ahimsa - non injury of living beings.
- Gain monks vow to always speak the truth
- Jains monks vow to refrain from taking anything that is not given to them
- They renounce sexual pleasures (stay ture to your own man/woman)
- They renounce all attachments (my bag-vs-the bag)
- Be open-minded
- Avoid being judgemental
- Any issue can be seen from multiple angles
- Cleanse your own vision
- Half truths
- Right Perception/Faith
- Right Knowledge
- Right Conduct
Jains celebrate Mahavira's liberation
- "The sky clad"
- The more conservative sect of Jainism, which holds nudity as an ideal for its monks
- "The white clad"
- The more liveral sect of Jainism
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview