Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Founder of Sikhism, first Sikh guru
- Born Hindu but educated by a Muslim schoolmaster
- A mystical expereince - God gave him a cup of immorality and told him to teach devotion
- Establish a lineage of Gurus
Compiled the Adi Granth (first book) and built the Harmandir Shib (Golden Temple)
- Last of the Gurus
- Founded the Khalsa (military order) in 1699 CE
- Made final compilation of Guru Granth Sahib (sacred scriptures)
Guru Granth Sahib
- "Revered book that is the guru"
- Holiest most sacred scripture
Sikh temple and meeting place
military order of the Sikh's
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview