CSIS ch 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. Functional decomposition diagram
2. Use case diagram
3. Sequence diagram
a) Shows the timing of transactions between objects as they occur
b) Visual representation of the interaction between users and the information system
c) Top-down representation of business functions and proccesses
True or False
The end product of the systems analysis phase is a system requirements document.
True or False
Rapid application development (RAD) is a team-based technique that speeds up information systems development but doesn't produce a functioning system like JAD does.
Name 2 of the 5 general categories of system requirements:
- 1. outputs
- 2. inputs
- 3. processes
- 4. performance
- 5. controls
Fact-finding involves answers to five familiar questions:________________.
WHO WHAT WHERE WHEN and HOW
What are the 7 basic steps for interviewing?
- 1. Determine the people to interview
- 2. Establish objectives for the interview
- 3. Develop interview questions
- 4. Prepare for the interview
- 5. Conduct the interview
- 6. Document the interview
- 7. Evaluate the interview
An example of open-ended/closed-ended interview question:
"How many personal computers do you have in this department?"
There are many other fact-finding techniques, in addition to interviewing. Name at least two others.
- Document review,
- surveys and questionnaires,
- and research
What is sampling? If you have a list of customers, and want to methodically select every 10th customer for review, which sampling technique would you use?
Sampling is a technique where the analyst collects examples of actual documents, records, logs or forms.
A systematic sample would select every 10th customer.
List at least 2 of the principles for documenting your work.
1. Record information as soon as you obtain it
2. Use the simplest recording method possible
3. Record your findings in such a way that can be understood by someone else
4. Organize your document so relatd material is located easily.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview