SS REVIEW UNIT 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Working to save resources or make them last longer.
What is the name given to the large land areas on Earth?
*hint there are seven of these
WHAT IS THE STUDY OF EARTH AND IT'S PEOPLE CALLED?
What do you call a model of Earth?
What is a kind of land with a special shape, such as mountains, hills, plains, or desert called?
WHAT IS SOMETHING FOUND IN NATURE THAT PEOPLE CAN USE TO MEET THEIR NEEDS?
WHAT IS A SUBURB?
A community near a large city.
*we live in a suburb of New York City
What is the kind of weather a place has over a long period of time called?
What are the 3 R's and what do they mean? Please give an example of each.
- REDUCE-means to make less garbage, use a thermos
- REUSE-to use something for another purpose, use a can to make a pencil holder
- RECYCLE-to make something ready to be used again. (use cans to make more cans)
What are the four cardinal directions on a compass rose?
Tell how TREES, a natural resource meets our needs and an interesting fact.
1. to build houses, clean the air, used for furniture, burn for fuel, fruit from trees
2. there are laws that protect trees. when you cut a tree down you have to plant a new one
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview