African American Slave Trade
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What religions were practiced by slaves?
- 1. Candombie(Brazil)
- 5. Islam
What slave colony was the first to successfully revolt colonial imperialism?
What did the Article of representation say about slave?
Slaves should be counted as 3/5 of a man clause
What did the dred Scott case state?
That runaway slaves should be returend to there owner upon capture. Property rights guarenteed under the constitution.
Ended slavery and granted citizenship
Slave revolts included these specific individuals?
- 1. Nat Turner
- 2. Prosser
- 3. Vessey
- 4. Zumb(brazil)
what does maroonage mean?
Slaves running from interior
Kilimbos in spanish means?
when was the first census?
Histography of the slave trade means?
Process through which you can study the slave trade.
What comprised spains Vice royalty system?
- 1.New Spain
What was the name of the laborsystem that spain used
Incomienda- Forced labor system
The columbian exchange, consequences of 1492
Largest slave holding site in west africa
portugal south atlantic economic system(thrived by 16th Century)
- 1. plantation economy (sugar, coffee)
- 2. labor intensive
- 3. slavery
1600 who else would join in the colonialization race?
England, france, denmark, holand
what was Phillip Curtain view point?
- 1. There was a max of 10 million slaves involved in the slave trade
- 2. slave trade did not depopulate african continent.
What was Josph Inikori view point?
- Minimum of 50 million slaves involved in slave trade.
- depopulated africa with volume of slaves incorporated in trade
What were the economic consequences of the slave trade?
- Slave trade interupted african trade and created negative inpact on teade.
- Without the slave trade, Europe fails to industrialize
Eric williams Book?
Capatilism and slavery
Walter rodney Book?
How europe underdeveloped Africa
What were the political consequences of the slave trade?
- states that were strong began to be fragmented.
- wars & instability, which produce many slave captives
Angola(challanged portgese on issue of inslaving her people)
African is the cradle of society..true Or False
What were the Punic wars?
The punic wars were was that involved the romans Vs Carthaginians
Acting disabiled to prevent from working
slave revolts in iraq
( zang revolt)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview