Relgions for Anc Civ Buddhism
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Buddhism- Who is Buddha?
Who is Siddharta Guatama?
Buddha, Weathy, prince to be, mother sees a vision for him to leave so father locks him up in a palace. He escapes and goes and fasts sitting under a tree and then he figures out the problem to becoming king and becomes enlightened
What is tripitaka?
3 baskets of wisdom
What are the two school where people would learn Buddhism?
- Theravada (monks)
What are the four noble Truths?
- 1.Life is filled with suffering
- 2. Suffering is caused by people's wants
- 3. Suffering can be ended if people stop wanting things (more pleasure/ power)
- 4. To stop wanting things, people must follow the Eightfold Path
What is Nirvana?
Hinduism and Buddhism) the beatitude that transcends the cycle of reincarnation; characterized by the extinction of desire and suffering and individual consciousness
What is the Eightfold Path?
- to know the truth
- to intend to not resist evil
- to not say anything to hurt others
- respect life, property, morality
- work had at you job that doesn't injure others
- free one's mind from evil
- be in control of one's feelings and thoughts
- practice appropriate forms of concentration
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview