English Feb 21.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
to cause another to believe or fee sure about something.
- (The boy is persuaded to study for his test.)
- having or showing keen interest, intense desire, or impatient expectancy, anxious
- (Walt Disney wrote eagerly about Mickey)
- the attitudes and behavior that characterize the functioning of a group or organization
- Our culture includes the Statue of Liberty given to us by France.
- not easily excited, even under pressure
- He died calm with his sword.
- to progress with difficulty
- The boy struggles through the history book.
- to establish or demonstrate a connection between
- (I can relate to him because my cat died too.)
Point of View-
a way of writing
I, me, myself
he, she, it, they
- to inspire with spirit, or confidence
- The boy was so encouraged when he got an "A" on his test.
a history of a person's life written or told by that person
- to come to a country of which one is not a native, usually for permanent residence.
- Many people started immigrating to the U.S.
- of different kinds, as two or more things, differing one from another
- The refrigerator has various foods.
- to grasp or understanding clearly
- I realized the dog peed in our house.
- to change so as to match or fit
- My teacher is adjusting the volume down.
spite and resentment at seeing the success of another, jealous
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview