The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe what is Cluster A as Paranoid.
- Described as pervasive, distrust & suspiciousness of others with motives as malevolent. Starts in early adult, more common in men than woman.
- Clinical picture:
- Constantly on guard
- Ready for real or imaginative threat.
- Trust no one.
- Constantly testing honesty of others.
- Tends to misinterpret minute cues.
- Magnifies and distorts cues in the environment.
- Predisposing Factors:Possible hereditary link/ Subject to early parental antagonism and harassment.
Describe what is Cluster A as Schizoid?
- Described as aprofound defect in ability to form personal relationships. Fail to respond to others in meaningful emotional way. Asocial, diagnosed more in men than woman. Prevelence estimated at 3% to 7.5%
- Clinical Picture:Indifferent to others.
- Client is aloof.
- Client is emotionally cold.
- Others presences, client appears shy, anxious, or uneasy.
- Inappropriately serious about everything. Can't act light-heartes manner.
- Predisposed Factor:Possible heredity factor. Childhood charaterized as black, cold, unempathy, notably lacking in nurturing.
Describe what is Cluster A as Schizotypal?
- A graver form of pathologically less severe schizoid personality pattern\preschizophrenia which effects 3% of population.
- Clinical Picture:
- Clients are aloof and isolated, often exhibit bizzarre behavior.
- Behave bland & apathetic manner.
- Everyday manifest as:
- Magical thinking, Ideas of reference, Delusions, Depersonalization.
- Bizzarre speach pattern. Under stress, may decompensate and demonstrate psychotic symptoms. Demonstrate bland, inappropriate affect.
- Predisposed Factors:
- Possible heredity factors, physiological influence, such as anatomic deficits or neurochemical dysfuntions within certain areas of the brain.
- Early Family dynamics:
- Indifferent, Impassivity, Formality, Pattern of discomfort with personal affection and closeness.