Immuno E2, IV
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the CBC findings for a FIP+ P?
- + Neutrophils (segmented and band)
- - Lymphocytes
- + Mono
- +/- HCT dep on hydration
- + TP
- + Glob
CBC on a FIP+ P will reveal ____ & ____
- Inflammatory leukogram
- Anemia (d/t chronic inflammation)
Which globulins would be elevated in an FIP+ P (electrophoresis)
Appearance of Abd fluid
Yellow, cloudy, viscid
Vasculitis is the result of Type ___ Hypersensitivity
How do some cats eliminate FIP virus
- Requires Cell Mediated=> Strong Th1 Response
- (CTL's and macrophages)
Wet Form VS Dry Form
- Wet Form= Strong Th2
- Dry Form= Weak Th2
Pathogenesis of Th2 Response
- Ab production
- Ab-Ag complexes on vessels
- Complement Activated ->
- Chemotaxis of Neutrophils (damages vessels)
- Macro Cytokines -> chemotaxis (more damage)
How does Ab accelerate FIP?
- Induces Immune Complex Formation
- Enhances viral uptake by macrophages
How does Vx accelerate FIP?
Ag increases Ab-Ag complexes
Tx of FIP
- Human Recombinant Iterferon-alpha (anti-viral)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview