Chapter 2 Terms
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
money overdue and unpaid
using the knowledge, skill, thoroughness and preparation reasonably needed to represent a particular client
conflict of interest
divided loyalty that actually or potentially places a person at a disadvantage even though he or she is owed undivided loyalty
a fee that is dependent on the outcome of the case
standards or rules of behavior to which members of an occupation, profession, or other organization are expected to conform
- 1. one bill to a client covering the fee of two or more attorneys not in the same firm.
- 2. giving a non attorney part of the fee of a particular client
a fee that is paid regardless of the outcome of the case
telling a specific person how the law applies to the facts of that person's legal problem or concern
unreasonable conduct that causes injury or damage to someone to whom the actor owes a duty of reasonable care
doctrine stating that an employer is responsible for the conduct of employees while they are acting within the scope of employment
- 1. the contract of employment between an attorney and client
- 2. a fee to ensure an attorney's availability
- 3. a deposit against future fees and costs
penalties or punishments of some kind
not disputed not challenged
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview