Musculo Lecture 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are two foundations for ADL activity?
- Joint protection
What are two types of movement?
- Translatory (linear)
Describe translatory movement
Describe rotary movement
- Angular motion
- rotational motion (spin)
What is curvilinear?
A motion in which the moving body moves toward the same direction along a curved path
Types of motion are based on what?
- Degrees of Freedom
- Kinematic Chain
- Joint Kinematics
What are two types of Kinematic chains and give examples
- Open chain - Elbow flexion with weights
- Closed chain - Elbow flexion by donig a push up
What are two types of joint kinematics?
What is an elastic force?
- Restoring force that tends to bring a materialb ack to its resting shape and size
- Proportional to the amount of deformation; More deformation, longer time needed for return
What is a moment arm?
Perpendicular distance from the axis to the line of appication of the force
What are 2 rules of moment arms?
- What a foce is applied at 90 degrees, MA = LA
- At all other angles, MA will be smaller than LA
What is an angle of application of force?
- Angle between the action line and the lever on the side of the joint axis
- As angle increases, MA gets bigger until 90 degrees, but gets smaller beyond 90
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview