The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the three primary number 1 responsibilities during formation flight?
- Clearing for the flight
- Monitoring number 2
How does number 1 accomplish a frequency change during formation flight?
What are the characteristics of proper visual signals in formation flight?
- Appropriate time
- Contrasting background
- Current flight condition
What are the number 1 and number 2 responsibilities for clearing in formation flight?
- Number 1:
- 1) Clears for the flight
- 2) Knows number 2’s position
- 3) Loosens formation to help clear if require
- Number 2:
- 1) Knows number 1’s position
- 2) Helps clear flight
- 3) Stays aware
When should number 1 retract the gear and flaps during a formation takeoff?
After checking number 2 is safely airborne and passing 110 KIAS minimum
If number 1 aborts a formation takeoff after brake release, what should number 2 do?
- For interval takeoff, number 2 also aborts
- for wing takeoff, number will continue
What are the restrictions and procedures for an interval takeoff?
- Minimum weather 1500 feet and 3 miles
- Number 1 uses full power until 160 KIAS
- Number 2 delays 6 seconds
- Number 2 uses full power for takeoff
- Straight ahead or turning rejoin
What are the three steps used to correct formation position?
- Small input to initiate the correction
- Observe the reaction to the correction
- Adjust the correction as necessary
What parameters define route position?
- Line abreast to 30° line
- Slightly below
- Two ship widths to 500 feet
How will number 1 signal a turning rejoin?
Number 1 will rock wings or use radio
When is number 1 required to call out airspeed during a rejoin?
Number 1 should call airspeed changes greater than 10 KIAS from prebriefed airspeed.
While flying a turning rejoin you notice an excessive rate of closure. What should you do?
What are the procedures for the lost wingman on final approach?
- Momentarily turn away from number 1
- Climb to FAF or glideslope intercept altitude
- Inform number 1 and obtain a separate clearance
- Fly new clearance or published missed
How do you do a formation missed approach?
- Number 1 sets 75% power, establishes climb, retracts gear and flaps
- Number 2 maintains stack position and anticipates gear and flaps up
on wing formation takeoff roll, number 1 should set power to _____% torque.
During turns away in route formation, what vertical reference should number 2 maintain?
The same vertical reference as an echelon turn
During an IMC turn toward you as number 2, you lose sight of number 1. What should you do?
Reduce power and tell number 1 to roll out.