The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How do information systems manage content?
- Content management
- Workflow Control
3 Categories of sharing control
- No control: Email, server
- Version Management: Wikis, Google Docs, Groove
- Version Control: Microsoft Sharepoint
3 Limitations of content management
- Tracking multiple sets of changes is confusing
- Deciding which change to make can be difficult
- some changes might be going back
How do IS improve communications? 2 methods
- Synchronous: SHared Calendar, invitation and attendance
- Asynchronous: EMail, forums, surveys
Students should forgo ______ meetings
3 Limitations of collaborations software
- people may not stay on topic
- Might give false sense of concensus
- Ethics of virtual meetings: Are people really there/ engaged:
- WHo they say they are?,
- is everyone invited?
- was everyone notified?
How do information systems support workflows?
prcoess or procedure to:
- prcoess or procedure to:
- Use, and
- Dispose of content
3 type of workflow structure?
How do information systems support decision making? (3 types of decision)
- Operations Decisions
- Managerial Decisions
- Strategic Decisions
- Day to Day operations
- Obtain data from processing systems
- Require very little collaboration
- Focus on allocation and use of resources: How many engineers to assign to a project
- Require some collaboration
- Broader in scope, center around organizational issues: Should we start a new product line
- Almost always collaborative
what are the 2 decisions processes?
Structured: understood and accepted method, Have optimal Solution, Little collaboration
Unstructured: No agree on decision making method, No proven Solution, collaborative
The need for collaboration increases as...
decions move from operational and structured to strategic and unstructured
How is empathetic thinking useful in business – and in information systems development?
Mode of thinking where "My View" is only one possible option: mor eopen view of problem
Suppose you buy a new laptop and it fails within a few days. Repeated calls to customer support produces short-term fixes, but your problem continues
- service does not have data about prior customer contacts (history of repair
- could point out solution)
- support recommended a solution that did not work (even individual fixes were
- not useful)
- is shipping too many defective laptops.