Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
take second principle part and add personal endings
used for indirect questions and subjunctive clauses
Pluperfect Subjunctive in Active Voice
take third principle part and add -isse and personal endings
Clauses in Subjunctive
translate as... because
translate as... when
Present Participle used Substantively
words that function as nouns
Nominative Singular Present Particple
Genitive Singular Present Participle
- verbs that re made from the third principle part
- soleo, solere, solitus - to be accostumed
- audeo, audere, ausus sum - to dare
- guadeo, gaudere, gavisus sum - to be glad
cities, towns, small islands, domus, rus
used to express... to which
used to express...in which
used to express...from which
Differences between quot and quotus
- quot- requires answer from cardinal column
- quotus - requires answer from ordinal column
Latin Number 1 -10
unus, duo, tres, quattor, quinque, sex, septem, octo, novem, decim
What did pirates usually attack?
coastal towns and roads
What did pirates do with captured people?
sell them as slaves
How did Julies Caesar manage to obtain freedom when kidnapped?
- had traveling companions raise money to buy him from the pirates
- then he set out after the pirates with a fleet and conquered and punished them
Who was given authority to conquer the pirates?
Pompey the Great with a fleet
- fell victim to proscriptions of the second triumvirate
- his head and hands were put on display on the Rostra in the Forum
Who were the men in the second triumvirate?
- Caesar's old lieutenant Lepidus
Who fought in the battle of Actium?
Octavian and Antony
Another name for Hesperia
the West Italy
Dido the Queen of...
Poem discussed in school
Vergil's from Aeneas' book
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview