During the middle stages of reco very when syndergies are strongest, primitive or tonic reflex patterns may appear in a relatively pure form:
- Movmt of the head will elicit a (STNR) w/ ext of the arms and ext of the legs following neck ext.
- Movmt of the head will elicit a (ATNR) with ext of the left arm and leg w/ neck rotation to the left side, right side moves into flex.
- Normal mvmt does not occur w/o integration of reflexes.
- Babinski reflex is produces by stoking the dorsal portion of the foot from heel to toe producing ext of the big toe and spreading of the toes instead of flex.
- Associated reaction are also commonly present. These consist of abnormal, automatic responses of the involved limb, resulting from actions occurring in some other part of the body, (yawning, sneezing, coughing and stretching)