Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Caffein, cranberry juice, and alcohol have this in common
They're natural diuretics
What two things do u use diuretics to treat?
- 1.Loop diuretics
- 3.K sparing drug
- 4.Osmotic diuretics
- 5.Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors
This word means very powerful diuretic
- High ceiling
- **Loop diuretics have the highest one
These drugs inhibit Na/K/Cl co-transporters in the ascending loop.
- Loop diuretics
- What Im saying is it inhibits their reabsorption
What are 3 side effects of diuretics
- ***hypochlorimic metabolic acidosis
This class of diuretics inhibit Na/Cl co-transporter in the distal tubule
2 modes of action of K-sparing drugs:
What are side effects of K-sparing drugs?
- Menstrual cycle abnormalities
A hydrophilic thingy which is filtered through the nephron, taking water along with it (like a sponge)
This diuretic blocks carbonic anhydrase in the proximal tubules.
- Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors
- So really it stops the making of bicarbonate and hydrogen.
- So in the end it stops reabsorption of Na+ by cotransport and can cause acidosis.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview