The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Unsolicited proposals are a valuable means for the government to obtain innovative or unique methods or approaches to accomplish their mission.
- They are an important tool for accomplishing functions not always served by solicited proposals
- Unsolicited Proposals are welcomed and appreciated by AFMC
Who may submit UPs
- UPs can be submitted at any time by any person or organization outside of the Air Force.
- It is only on rare occasions that the proposals meet a need, so offerors are encouraged to contact technical personnel before preparing and submitting a proposal. Wasted time and effort can often be avoided.
UP Focal Point
Focal Point for Tinker AFB is PKXA (Tran Walsh).
VALID UP - FAR 15.603(c)
- (1) It must be innovative and unique;
- (2) Be independently originated and developed by the offeror;
- (3) Be prepared without Government supervision, endorsement, direction, or involvement;
- (4) Include sufficient detail to determine it is worthwhile;
- (5) Not be an advance proposal for a known agency requirement;
- (6) Not address a previously published agency requirement.
EXECUTION OF A J&A
- OTHER THAN FULL AND OPEN COMPETITION
- 6.302-1 -- Only One Responsible Source and No Other Supplies or Services Will Satisfy Agency Requirements
15.607(b) CO may commence negotiations on a sole source basis only when –
- 1. Have received a favorable comprehensive evaluation;
- 2. A J&A has been obtained;
- 3. Necessary funds have been furnished;
- 4. CO has complied with the synopsis requirements of subpart 5.2