The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Basic first steps for CPR
- 1. check for movement or esponse.
- 2. activate the EMS and get automated external defib.
- 3. open airway and check breathing (look, listen, feel)
- 4. if no breathing, give two breaths.
- 5. if no response, check pulse w/ 10 seconds.
- 6. if no pulse, give 30 compressions and 2 breaths until AED arrives.
Causes of airway obstructions
the tongue is the most common airway obstruction to a patient
where to palpate artery based on patient's age?
- adult - carotid
- infant - brachial
OPA and NPA, what they used for and how to measure them? two types
Nasopharangeal - are inserted in the nose, helps restore airway patency by seperating the tongue from the posterier pharngeal wall.
Oropharangeal: have an external flange, a curved body that conforms to the shape of a oral cavity.