The flashcards below were created by user
Basic first steps for CPR
1. check for movement or esponse.
2. activate the EMS and get automated external defib.
3. open airway and check breathing (look, listen, feel)
4. if no breathing, give two breaths.
5. if no response, check pulse w/ 10 seconds.
6. if no pulse, give 30 compressions and 2 breaths until AED arrives.
Causes of airway obstructions
the tongue is the most common airway obstruction to a patient
where to palpate artery based on patient's age?
adult - carotid
infant - brachial
OPA and NPA, what they used for and how to measure them? two types
Nasopharangeal - are inserted in the nose, helps restore airway patency by seperating the tongue from the posterier pharngeal wall.
Oropharangeal: have an external flange, a curved body that conforms to the shape of a oral cavity.