Justice ch 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
culture of life
- all human life comes from God and will return to God
- we are more than what we have, we are because of He who made us
- all human life is a gift
- reflection of the all loving God, who love and calls all human life to love
Who wrote the consistent life ethic?
- Joseph Cardinal Bernardin
- 1928-1996, Chicago
the consistent life ethic is known as the
from the tunic of Jesus that was not divided by the soldiers at his crucifixion
consistent life ethic
- the right to life is the most important human right. All other rights depend on it.
- we can't tear apart the issues. They are "sewn" together
- society's violation of women leads to violation of the unborn
- justifying the violence of execution and the violence of murder/war/abuse
- Roe vs Wade
- right to carry a child is for a woman. They also have the right to terminate it.
- baby = no rights
how many abortions since 1973?
how many abortions per year?
what percent of abortions are due to rape?
#1 reason to abort
#1 factor to keep child/adoption
support group for abortions/miscarriages
what number are we in executions?
top factor to be on death row
lack of education
What should the Church do for death row people?
- 1. pray for the inmates and their families/victims
- 2. learn about the issue
- 3. educate others
- 4. advocate to abolish it
what did John Paul II say about death sentence?
antidote to violence is love, not more violence
- law students
- 120 innocent men on death row
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview