Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
When do you perform hand hygiene?
1. Before and after touching a patient, including and medical device attached to them.
2. Before and after a procedure
3. After actual or potential contact with body fluids If moving from a contaminated body site to a clean body site on the same patient.
4. After touching a patient’s environment even if you did not touch the patient-e.g bed clothes
5. Before and after glove use
6. As you enter and leave a patient care area
- - Rub hands palm to palm
- - Right palm over left dorsum (back of the hand) with fingers interlaced and vice versa
- - Palm to palm with fingers interlaced
- - Backs of fingers to opposing palms with fingers
- - Rotational rubbing of left thumb clasped in right palm and vice versa
- - Rotational rubbing, backwards and forwards with clasped fingers of right hand in left palm and vice versa
How long and when do perform an Alcohol Rub Hand Hygiene?
15-20 seocnds and when hands are visibly clean.
When and how long do you wash you hands with antimicrobial soap and water?
When hands are viisibly soiled and 40-60 seocnds.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview