CHEM 111 EXAM 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Ionic Compound associated with water.
What is an Ionic Compound composed of?
Metal & Non-Metal
What is Avagadros number? whats the conversion factor?
- 6.022 x 10231 mole/6.022 x 1023
What does Formula mass =
Molar mass (Molecular weight)
- % by mass of each element in a compound
- % comp.= (n x MM of element)/MM of compound
- n=# moles of element in 1 mole of compound
When determining Empirical Formula what must always be assumed?
100 g of sample
What's used ot relate different equations to one another?
- quantitative study of the reactants & products in a chem equation.
- Mole Method
All Alkali metals react with water to form what?
H2 gas and an alkali metal Hydroxide
When determining a limiting reagent what must you have?
What will one never get?
- most product that can be produced from a given amt of reactants.
formula for % Yield=
what does this measure
- (actual/ theoretical)x 100
- measures efficency of a rxn
?= is being dissolved
?= doing the dissolving
- Parts Per Million
- mg solute/kg solvent
mols solute/L solution
- concentreated soultion's used to make diluted solution
? is proton donor while ? it proton acceptor.
Acids react with ? to form?
metals to form H2
3 Types of Acids:
Monoaprotic, Diprotic, Triprotic
Acid base titration:
uSE KNOWN CONC OF ACID/BASE TO REACT W/ ACID/BASE TO FIND UNKNOWN
Types of rxn:
- Redox:transfer of electrons
- Combustion: 2H2+ O2-> 2H2O
- Decomposition: 2H2O->
Flow of heat
- KE= (1/2)mv21J= kg x m2/s2
- 1 cal= 4.184 J
- 1 Calorie=1000 cal=1kcal
2 Laws of Thermodynamics
- energy is neither created or destroyed
- Internal Energy= KE + PE
transfer of thermal energy, always flows from high to low
Change E= heat + work
Exothermic vs Endothermic
Lose heat vs Gain heat
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview