The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
cerebral spinal fluid
preforms a liquid cushion that gives bouancy to the brain, protects and nourishes the CNS. made in the choricoid plexus
blood brain barrior
regulates the substances that can enter the interstical fluids of the brain.
cluster of neuron bodies within the PNS
group of CNS neuron cell bodies with a common function.
center that displays discrete autonomic boundries
axon bundle extending through the PNS
network of nerves
CNS axon bundle in which the axons have a similar function and share a common origin and destination.
groups of tracts in a specific area in the spinal cord
centers and tracts that connects the CNS with the body organs and systems.
it fuctions to cover and protect the CNS. protect the blood vessels and enclose venous sinuses, has a cushioning of CSF called the arachnoid. The brain has pia mater and covering that is the dura mater.
involved in voluntary motor function, concentration, verbal communication, decision making, planning and personality.
involved with general sensory functions.
involved with hearing and smell.
processes incoming visual information and stores visual memories.
involved in memory and interpretation of taste.
primary motor cortex for muscle memorie stuff
post central gyrus
primary sensory cortex
- made out of grey matter(unmyelinated) is the outer part of the cerebrum function is for higher thinking
- underneath is white matter myelinated has association tracts and areas. (tracts= CAP)
3 areas- epithalamus, epithalamus, hypothalamus
blocks out all the white noise around you so that you can focus on what you want to listen too. so sensory wont get over loaded.
has the pineal body that creates the melatonin that starts the circadian rhythm; the habenular nuclei connects smells and visual cues with memories.
controls the ANS, control of the endocrine system, regulates body temp., controls emotional behavior, control food and water intake, and it leads down the fundibulum to release the hormones to the pituitary gland to be released.
- Pons- regulate the rate and depth of breathing.
- medulla oblongata- cardiac center- regulates heart rate and strength of contraction.
- vasomotor center
- respiratory center- modifys the pons
dark part that creates dopomine
- makes up 11% of the brains mass
- provides precise time and appropriate patterns of skeletal muscle contraction or else the person is all jerky and cant get the spoon to the mouth.
- OH- olfactory
- ONCE- optic
- THE- trigeminal
- ANATOMY- abducens
- FINAL- facial
- VERY - vestibulocholear
- GOOD- glossopharangeal
- VACATIONS- vagus
- ARE- accessory
- HEAVENLY- hypoglossal