Parvovirus: Minute Virus of Mice - MVM; Mouse Parvovirus MPV1, MPV2, MPV3, MPV4, MPV5
- * Non-enveloped DNA virus, survives in the environment for extended time
- * Seldom clinical signs but difficult to eradicate. Most prevalent infectious agent in lab mouse
- * Induces cytologic disease only in dividing tissues.
- * Mouse is the only known host
- * MVM and MPV have 2 nonstructural proteins (NS-1 and NS-2) which are highly conserved and cross-reactive, and, 3 Viral Capsid Proteins (VP-1, VP-2, VP-3) that are non-conserved and may be used for individual identification (virus specific).