Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. What is the function of the lungs in respiration?
Exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide.
2. Fluid build up within the alveoli as well as in the lungs is what?
3. Coarse breath sounds heard in patients with flu-like symptoms?
4. What are the signs and symptoms of inadequate breathing?
- C/O of difficulty breathing
- Altered mental status
- Anxious or restless
- Respiratory rate is to slow or to fast
- Breathing rhythm is irregular
- Pt's cyanotic
- Pale conjunctivae
- Pt's weezing, gurgling, snoring, stridorous or crowing
- Pt cannot speak more than a few words between breaths
- Use of accessory muscles to assist breathing
- coughing excessively
- Pt is sitting in the Tripod position
- Pt has a Barrel shaped chest
5. Know indications and contraindications for using a MDI.
- -Pts is experiencing SOB
- -Inhaler belongs to the pt, right dose, and check date.
- -Pt is unable to coordinate inhalation with depression of the trigger.
- -Inhaler is not perscribed for this pt.
- -You did not obtain permission from medical control or local protocol
- -The pt has already met the Max dosage, before you arrived.
6. In what position do you transport a COPD pt.
High fowlers position, position of comfort.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview