S.S Study Guide
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name the three bodies of water that limit India's contact with the west.
The Arabian Sea, the Indian Ocean, and the Bay of Bengal.
Who were the Ayrans?
They were invanders who captured the land of Mohenjo- Daro.
Describe Upanishad and brahman.
- Upanishad is a Hindu Reiligous text. It means "sitting near a teacher." Most of it is in the form of a student asking a question and the teacher answering it.
- Brahman are the three gods Shiva, Vishnu, and Brahma all in one to form a powerful force.
Who is the founder of Buddhism?
A former prince by the name of Siddharta Gautama. He was once wealthy, but after he saw someone suffer, he wanted to figure out why people suffered. He gave up all his wealth and family to figure out why.
Who were Chandragupta and Asoka? What was Maurya?
- Chandragupta was the first king of Maurya. He lived a grand lifestyle and had many luxories. He used his wealth for his kingdom, not just himself. He was a strict ruler.
- Asoka was Chandragupta's grandson. He used to be as strict as his father, but after the battle of Kalinga he became less strict due to all the bloodshed. He built the greatest empire India had ever seen.
- Maurya was an empire in India. It was made up of many warring states before Chandragupta came. He founded Maurya and made into a strong empire.
What is absolute power, and where did the idea come from?
Absolute power is having complete control over people. The idea came from a book called The Science of Material Gain.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview