Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- volume contraction in which sodium and water isotonic proportions.
- although there is a decrease in the total volume of extracellular fluid, there is no change in osmolality.
- -kidney disease
- -misuse of diuretics
- -Lost volume should be replaced with fluids that are isotonic to plasma.
- - 0.9% sodium chloride
loss of water is greater than the loss of sodium
- -excessive sweating
- -osmotic diuresis
- -feeding excessively concentrated food to infants
- -can be secondary to extensive burns or disorders of CNS
-loss of sodium exceeds loss of water
- Causes:-excessive loss of sodium thru kidneys
- -infusing isotonic sodium chloride solution
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview